3.10.2014

St. Patrick's Day Surprise: Part 1

HER

I was home in Baltimore this particular year to celebrate St. Patrick's Day.  My good high school friends decided we should all go out together to celebrate.  For some reason this year, I wasn't totally all in like I normally am. 

But that was about to change.

St. Patrick's Day has always held a special day in my heart.  I am Irish and have a love for my dad's corned beef and cabbage.  We have Irish names all in the family and you will never catch my grandmother without a claddagh ring or necklace.
Alright, I am done with background.  So you aren't surprised that I always celebrate the holiday.

So my friends and I headed out on the town.  We went for dinner and some nice green beer, of course.



Later in the night we ran into my cousin (obviously loving the holiday too!)  We decided that we would meet up later at a different bar.  

Little did I know my life was about to change.

I was sitting in a booth chatting with my friends when this guy came out of no where and sat next to me.  "Who is this guy and what is he doing?" I thought.  Hoping it wasn't some drunk weird guy I wasn't sure what to think.  I failed to mention he had on a huge green bow tie!  We all looked confused until he said he knew my cousin who just came into the bar.  Oohhh, okay, they are friends.  Well he was such a nice guy to talk to and we chatted the whole night. Really just a fun, sweet guy.
It is funny to think I didn't even really want to go out that night.

So what is the surprise of the night you ask!  

Well this guy and I are still talking everyday from March 17th 2010.  I joke with him and tell him that is still hasn't left my booth and today this fun loving, talkative guy is my husband.

You never who you will meet.  Take every opportunity that comes your way.
I am so glad I went out that night and met this great guy.
I will always remember that night, the feelings, and that big green bow tie.

Do you take every opportunity that comes your way? 

Stayed tuned for Part 2!

1 comment:

  1. Such a great post to demonstrate "The Luck 'O the Irish!" What a wonderful love story!

    Whitney
    www.MckenzieWild.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete